Aug 25, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
Dodgers GM Ned Colletti announced to the media on Saturday that newly-acquired starter Josh Beckett is going to make his debut on Monday night against the Rockies, filling the rotation spot left vacant by a recent injury to right-hander Chad Billingsley, who is going to be sidelined for “a while.”
This according to Dylan Hernandez, Dodgers beat writer for the Los Angeles Times.
Beckett was acquired in the nine-player blockbuster trade with the Red Sox that was made official this afternoon. He had an ugly 5.23 ERA, 1.33 WHIP and 94/38 K/BB ratio in 127 1/3 innings this season with Boston.
Billingsley came down with inflammation in his right elbow Friday night. He is headed to the disabled list.
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 0
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)