Aug 25, 2012, 9:14 PM EDT
That nine-player blockbuster trade is official, but the drama continues in the Boston clubhouse.
Britton has more details on the Projo’s website:
Aceves was visibly angry in the clubhouse after Friday night’s win, which was closed out by Andrew Bailey. Aceves slammed the door on his way in and out of manager Bobby Valentine’s office after the game.
Aceves will begin serving the suspension tonight. It will run through Monday’s afternoon tilt with the Royals.
He faced 10 batters and threw 39 pitches in Thursday’s marathon loss to Anaheim, so his anger towards Bobby V is hard to justify. The 29-year-old has a 4.60 ERA and 25 saves in 32 opportunities this season.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 26
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 13
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 65
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)