Aug 25, 2012, 9:14 PM EDT
That nine-player blockbuster trade is official, but the drama continues in the Boston clubhouse.
Britton has more details on the Projo’s website:
Aceves was visibly angry in the clubhouse after Friday night’s win, which was closed out by Andrew Bailey. Aceves slammed the door on his way in and out of manager Bobby Valentine’s office after the game.
Aceves will begin serving the suspension tonight. It will run through Monday’s afternoon tilt with the Royals.
He faced 10 batters and threw 39 pitches in Thursday’s marathon loss to Anaheim, so his anger towards Bobby V is hard to justify. The 29-year-old has a 4.60 ERA and 25 saves in 32 opportunities this season.
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 0
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 21
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 54
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 77
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 35
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (180)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)