Aug 25, 2012, 9:14 PM EDT
That nine-player blockbuster trade is official, but the drama continues in the Boston clubhouse.
Britton has more details on the Projo’s website:
Aceves was visibly angry in the clubhouse after Friday night’s win, which was closed out by Andrew Bailey. Aceves slammed the door on his way in and out of manager Bobby Valentine’s office after the game.
Aceves will begin serving the suspension tonight. It will run through Monday’s afternoon tilt with the Royals.
He faced 10 batters and threw 39 pitches in Thursday’s marathon loss to Anaheim, so his anger towards Bobby V is hard to justify. The 29-year-old has a 4.60 ERA and 25 saves in 32 opportunities this season.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 29
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)