Aug 25, 2012, 9:14 PM EDT
That nine-player blockbuster trade is official, but the drama continues in the Boston clubhouse.
Britton has more details on the Projo’s website:
Aceves was visibly angry in the clubhouse after Friday night’s win, which was closed out by Andrew Bailey. Aceves slammed the door on his way in and out of manager Bobby Valentine’s office after the game.
Aceves will begin serving the suspension tonight. It will run through Monday’s afternoon tilt with the Royals.
He faced 10 batters and threw 39 pitches in Thursday’s marathon loss to Anaheim, so his anger towards Bobby V is hard to justify. The 29-year-old has a 4.60 ERA and 25 saves in 32 opportunities this season.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)