Aug 25, 2012, 9:14 PM EDT
That nine-player blockbuster trade is official, but the drama continues in the Boston clubhouse.
Britton has more details on the Projo’s website:
Aceves was visibly angry in the clubhouse after Friday night’s win, which was closed out by Andrew Bailey. Aceves slammed the door on his way in and out of manager Bobby Valentine’s office after the game.
Aceves will begin serving the suspension tonight. It will run through Monday’s afternoon tilt with the Royals.
He faced 10 batters and threw 39 pitches in Thursday’s marathon loss to Anaheim, so his anger towards Bobby V is hard to justify. The 29-year-old has a 4.60 ERA and 25 saves in 32 opportunities this season.
- Carlos Beltran diagnosed with facial fractures after batting practice mishap 7
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 27
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 45
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (168)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)