Aug 25, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times passes along word that there could be some protesters on the field during today’s Athletics-Rays game at Tropicana Field. It’s apparently related to the Republican National Convention, which will take over the stadium beginning tomorrow.
#Rays players have been informed of possibility of 30-40 protesters running on field to disrupt today's game, like a flash mob—
Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) August 25, 2012
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but isn’t the element of surprise pretty key in a flash mob? Cover is already blown, you guys. Anyway, Topkin notes that extra security is in place to deal with the potential situation and players have been advised to avoid conflict.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)