Aug 25, 2012, 11:40 AM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times passes along word that there could be some protesters on the field during today’s Athletics-Rays game at Tropicana Field. It’s apparently related to the Republican National Convention, which will take over the stadium beginning tomorrow.
#Rays players have been informed of possibility of 30-40 protesters running on field to disrupt today's game, like a flash mob—
Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) August 25, 2012
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but isn’t the element of surprise pretty key in a flash mob? Cover is already blown, you guys. Anyway, Topkin notes that extra security is in place to deal with the potential situation and players have been advised to avoid conflict.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)