Aug 25, 2012, 11:40 AM EST
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times passes along word that there could be some protesters on the field during today’s Athletics-Rays game at Tropicana Field. It’s apparently related to the Republican National Convention, which will take over the stadium beginning tomorrow.
#Rays players have been informed of possibility of 30-40 protesters running on field to disrupt today's game, like a flash mob—
Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) August 25, 2012
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but isn’t the element of surprise pretty key in a flash mob? Cover is already blown, you guys. Anyway, Topkin notes that extra security is in place to deal with the potential situation and players have been advised to avoid conflict.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15