Aug 25, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Troy Tulowitzki began a minor league rehab assignment with Double-A Tulsa last night and went 1-for-3 with a double while playing five innings at shortstop. It was his first game action since aggravating a groin injury in a rehab game on June 13 and undergoing surgery.
Tulowitzki is expected to get the day off today, but the plan calls for him to play five innings Sunday and five to seven innings on Monday. He’ll return to Denver on Tuesday to be re-evaluated, but his rehab assignment will move to Triple-A Colorado Springs from there. Tulowitzki wants to play down the stretch in order to have some peace of mind going into the winter, but he isn’t expected to rejoin the Rockies until the Triple-A season comes to an end in early September.
Tulowitzki, 27, was hitting .287/.360/.486 with eight home runs, 27 RBI and an .846 OPS in 47 games prior to the injury. Josh Rutledge has been the primary fill-in at shortstop, but assuming he gets over his recent quad injury, he’ll slide over to second base when Tulowitzki returns.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)