Aug 25, 2012, 12:08 AM EDT
It looked like Mariners right fielder Eric Thames managed to grab Paul Konerko‘s fly to deep right-center with one out in the ninth inning tonight. Alas, that all changed when center fielder Michael Saunders plowed into him, giving the White Sox a 9-8 win.
The game was tied at 8 before Dewayne Wise came around from second to score on the play. Konerko was credited with a walkoff single, and the Mariners lost despite a furious comeback that saw them score six runs in the top of the ninth to take an 8-7 lead.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 9
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)