Aug 26, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine said after Sunday’s game that David Ortiz will likely go back on the disabled list Monday due to continued soreness in his right Achilles’ tendon.
“It’s likely that if he doesn’t have a real miraculous recovery tonight, we’ll have a DL situation tomorrow,” Valentine said in his postgame press conference.
Valentine didn’t rule out Ortiz returning in September even if he goes on the disabled list now. The Red Sox wouldn’t have much reason to bring him back, but Big Papi might want to return rather than finish the season on the DL as he tries to score a multiyear contract in free agency.
Here are Valentine’s comments on the matter:
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)