Aug 26, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine said after Sunday’s game that David Ortiz will likely go back on the disabled list Monday due to continued soreness in his right Achilles’ tendon.
“It’s likely that if he doesn’t have a real miraculous recovery tonight, we’ll have a DL situation tomorrow,” Valentine said in his postgame press conference.
Valentine didn’t rule out Ortiz returning in September even if he goes on the disabled list now. The Red Sox wouldn’t have much reason to bring him back, but Big Papi might want to return rather than finish the season on the DL as he tries to score a multiyear contract in free agency.
Here are Valentine’s comments on the matter:
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)