Aug 26, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
Nick Masset‘s nightmarish 2012 season rolls on.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the right-handed reliever felt renewed discomfort in his shoulder last week during a rehab appearance at Triple-A Louisville. He had an MRI and is waiting for the results to be reviewed by Reds medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek, with the possibility looming that he will be shut down for the remainder of the year.
Masset hasn’t thrown a pitch in a major league game this season. He posted a solid 3.71 ERA and struck out 62 batters in 70 1/3 innings in 2011.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)