Aug 26, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
Nick Masset‘s nightmarish 2012 season rolls on.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the right-handed reliever felt renewed discomfort in his shoulder last week during a rehab appearance at Triple-A Louisville. He had an MRI and is waiting for the results to be reviewed by Reds medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek, with the possibility looming that he will be shut down for the remainder of the year.
Masset hasn’t thrown a pitch in a major league game this season. He posted a solid 3.71 ERA and struck out 62 batters in 70 1/3 innings in 2011.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)