Aug 26, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
Nick Masset‘s nightmarish 2012 season rolls on.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the right-handed reliever felt renewed discomfort in his shoulder last week during a rehab appearance at Triple-A Louisville. He had an MRI and is waiting for the results to be reviewed by Reds medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek, with the possibility looming that he will be shut down for the remainder of the year.
Masset hasn’t thrown a pitch in a major league game this season. He posted a solid 3.71 ERA and struck out 62 batters in 70 1/3 innings in 2011.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)