Aug 26, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
Nick Masset‘s nightmarish 2012 season rolls on.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the right-handed reliever felt renewed discomfort in his shoulder last week during a rehab appearance at Triple-A Louisville. He had an MRI and is waiting for the results to be reviewed by Reds medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek, with the possibility looming that he will be shut down for the remainder of the year.
Masset hasn’t thrown a pitch in a major league game this season. He posted a solid 3.71 ERA and struck out 62 batters in 70 1/3 innings in 2011.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)