Aug 26, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
Nick Masset‘s nightmarish 2012 season rolls on.
Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the right-handed reliever felt renewed discomfort in his shoulder last week during a rehab appearance at Triple-A Louisville. He had an MRI and is waiting for the results to be reviewed by Reds medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek, with the possibility looming that he will be shut down for the remainder of the year.
Masset hasn’t thrown a pitch in a major league game this season. He posted a solid 3.71 ERA and struck out 62 batters in 70 1/3 innings in 2011.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 23
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)