Aug 26, 2012, 1:34 PM EDT
And now it seems that progress has been made.
According to beat writer Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston, the Red Sox have informed Ross directly that they want him back and a contract extension could be finalized before the end of the season.
Ross, 31, signed a bargain one-year, $3 million deal this past winter. He’s currently batting .276/.339/.520 with 19 home runs, 26 doubles and 63 RBI through 388 plate appearances.
Cafardo suggested last week that Ross could seek a contract in the area of three years and $21 million.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)