Aug 26, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
37-year-old Torii Hunter is tired and aching after taking his third straight 0-for-3 and getting hit by a pitch Sunday in the final game of the Angels’ six-game road trip.
On my way back to Cali. Can't wait to sleep in my bed. Day off 2mrw and sleeping all day. #dontwakeme—
Torii Hunter (@toriihunter48) August 26, 2012
Injured Red Sox third baseman Will Middlebrooks has little better to do at the moment, so he intends to foil Torii’s plan.
Will Middlebrooks (@middlebrooks) August 26, 2012
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)