Aug 26, 2012, 5:23 PM EST
From Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News:
Texas Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish passed the final tests on Sunday and will return to the rotation for this week’s series against Tampa Bay.
Darvish threw 40 pitches in the bullpen and went through a series of agility drills without difficulty.
The 26-year-old native of Japan was scratched from his turn in the rotation last Thursday against the Twins because of tightness in his right quad. But he didn’t have a strain of any kind and is over the soreness.
Darvish has registered a 4.51 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 172/80 K/BB ratio in 147 2/3 innings this season for Texas. He was acquired this winter from the Nippon Ham Figthers for a total commitment of over $110 million.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)