Aug 26, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
From Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News:
Texas Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish passed the final tests on Sunday and will return to the rotation for this week’s series against Tampa Bay.
Darvish threw 40 pitches in the bullpen and went through a series of agility drills without difficulty.
The 26-year-old native of Japan was scratched from his turn in the rotation last Thursday against the Twins because of tightness in his right quad. But he didn’t have a strain of any kind and is over the soreness.
Darvish has registered a 4.51 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 172/80 K/BB ratio in 147 2/3 innings this season for Texas. He was acquired this winter from the Nippon Ham Figthers for a total commitment of over $110 million.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47