Aug 26, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
From Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News:
Texas Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish passed the final tests on Sunday and will return to the rotation for this week’s series against Tampa Bay.
Darvish threw 40 pitches in the bullpen and went through a series of agility drills without difficulty.
The 26-year-old native of Japan was scratched from his turn in the rotation last Thursday against the Twins because of tightness in his right quad. But he didn’t have a strain of any kind and is over the soreness.
Darvish has registered a 4.51 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 172/80 K/BB ratio in 147 2/3 innings this season for Texas. He was acquired this winter from the Nippon Ham Figthers for a total commitment of over $110 million.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 66
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)