Aug 26, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
From Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News:
Texas Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish passed the final tests on Sunday and will return to the rotation for this week’s series against Tampa Bay.
Darvish threw 40 pitches in the bullpen and went through a series of agility drills without difficulty.
The 26-year-old native of Japan was scratched from his turn in the rotation last Thursday against the Twins because of tightness in his right quad. But he didn’t have a strain of any kind and is over the soreness.
Darvish has registered a 4.51 ERA, 1.42 WHIP and 172/80 K/BB ratio in 147 2/3 innings this season for Texas. He was acquired this winter from the Nippon Ham Figthers for a total commitment of over $110 million.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)