Aug 27, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As part of Alfredo Aceves‘ three-game suspension for “conduct detrimental to the team” the Red Sox reliever is not being allowed to fly on the team plane from Kansas City to Anaheim today.
Seriously. His suspension came to an end today, but manager Bobby Valentine told Evan Drellich of MLB.com that Aceves won’t be allowed “on the same plane” and is expected to find his own way to the West Coast before meeting up with the team on their road trip.
Valentine also hasn’t decided whether Aceves will get a chance to reclaim his closer job upon returning from the suspension, which all stemmed from his angry reaction to Andrew Bailey getting the nod in a save situation Friday.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 28
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 47
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)