Aug 27, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As part of Alfredo Aceves‘ three-game suspension for “conduct detrimental to the team” the Red Sox reliever is not being allowed to fly on the team plane from Kansas City to Anaheim today.
Seriously. His suspension came to an end today, but manager Bobby Valentine told Evan Drellich of MLB.com that Aceves won’t be allowed “on the same plane” and is expected to find his own way to the West Coast before meeting up with the team on their road trip.
Valentine also hasn’t decided whether Aceves will get a chance to reclaim his closer job upon returning from the suspension, which all stemmed from his angry reaction to Andrew Bailey getting the nod in a save situation Friday.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 0
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 5
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 24
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 29
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)