Aug 27, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As part of Alfredo Aceves‘ three-game suspension for “conduct detrimental to the team” the Red Sox reliever is not being allowed to fly on the team plane from Kansas City to Anaheim today.
Seriously. His suspension came to an end today, but manager Bobby Valentine told Evan Drellich of MLB.com that Aceves won’t be allowed “on the same plane” and is expected to find his own way to the West Coast before meeting up with the team on their road trip.
Valentine also hasn’t decided whether Aceves will get a chance to reclaim his closer job upon returning from the suspension, which all stemmed from his angry reaction to Andrew Bailey getting the nod in a save situation Friday.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)