Aug 27, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
As part of Alfredo Aceves‘ three-game suspension for “conduct detrimental to the team” the Red Sox reliever is not being allowed to fly on the team plane from Kansas City to Anaheim today.
Seriously. His suspension came to an end today, but manager Bobby Valentine told Evan Drellich of MLB.com that Aceves won’t be allowed “on the same plane” and is expected to find his own way to the West Coast before meeting up with the team on their road trip.
Valentine also hasn’t decided whether Aceves will get a chance to reclaim his closer job upon returning from the suspension, which all stemmed from his angry reaction to Andrew Bailey getting the nod in a save situation Friday.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)