Aug 27, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As part of Alfredo Aceves‘ three-game suspension for “conduct detrimental to the team” the Red Sox reliever is not being allowed to fly on the team plane from Kansas City to Anaheim today.
Seriously. His suspension came to an end today, but manager Bobby Valentine told Evan Drellich of MLB.com that Aceves won’t be allowed “on the same plane” and is expected to find his own way to the West Coast before meeting up with the team on their road trip.
Valentine also hasn’t decided whether Aceves will get a chance to reclaim his closer job upon returning from the suspension, which all stemmed from his angry reaction to Andrew Bailey getting the nod in a save situation Friday.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 3
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 18
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 5
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 4
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 33
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)