Aug 27, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
A’s catcher Anthony Recker hasn’t had a ton of opportunities in Oakland, but now he’s on his way to the Cubs organization. First reported by … his girlfriend:
Anthony just got traded to the cubs! Gonna miss you A’s/Rivercats girls so much, but excited for Ant and a new experience!
— Kelly Shepardson (@KellyShepardson) August 27, 2012
Susan Slusser of the Chronicle has since confirmed it with Recker’s agent. Still no confirmation about the honey lime chicken Recker made last night.
I love the age in which we live.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)