Aug 27, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
A’s catcher Anthony Recker hasn’t had a ton of opportunities in Oakland, but now he’s on his way to the Cubs organization. First reported by … his girlfriend:
Anthony just got traded to the cubs! Gonna miss you A’s/Rivercats girls so much, but excited for Ant and a new experience!
— Kelly Shepardson (@KellyShepardson) August 27, 2012
Susan Slusser of the Chronicle has since confirmed it with Recker’s agent. Still no confirmation about the honey lime chicken Recker made last night.
I love the age in which we live.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 3
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 81
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)