Aug 27, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
A’s catcher Anthony Recker hasn’t had a ton of opportunities in Oakland, but now he’s on his way to the Cubs organization. First reported by … his girlfriend:
Anthony just got traded to the cubs! Gonna miss you A’s/Rivercats girls so much, but excited for Ant and a new experience!
— Kelly Shepardson (@KellyShepardson) August 27, 2012
Susan Slusser of the Chronicle has since confirmed it with Recker’s agent. Still no confirmation about the honey lime chicken Recker made last night.
I love the age in which we live.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 67
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106