Aug 27, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
A’s catcher Anthony Recker hasn’t had a ton of opportunities in Oakland, but now he’s on his way to the Cubs organization. First reported by … his girlfriend:
Anthony just got traded to the cubs! Gonna miss you A’s/Rivercats girls so much, but excited for Ant and a new experience!
— Kelly Shepardson (@KellyShepardson) August 27, 2012
Susan Slusser of the Chronicle has since confirmed it with Recker’s agent. Still no confirmation about the honey lime chicken Recker made last night.
I love the age in which we live.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 36
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)