Aug 27, 2012, 11:23 PM EST
It was just the fifth, but Brett Anderson was looking really good tonight.
With one out in the fifth inning in Monday’s game between the A’s and Indians, Michael Brantley hit a little roller to the left of first base. Chris Carter came off the bag to get the ball and flipped to the bag, which both Anderson and second baseman Cliff Pennington were trying to cover. Pennington made the catch with his foot on the bag just before Brantley got there. First-base ump Jerry Meals had a very good look at it, but he still called the runner safe in the confusion.
Anderson quickly got an inning-ending double play to finish the frame. He ended up allowing just two hits in seven innings in his second start back from Tommy John surgery. The bullpen finished the two-hit shutout from there.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)