Aug 27, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Gutierrez hit .333 with two homers in seven games on a minor-league rehab assignment and most importantly reported no post-concussion symptoms.
Before the concussion Gutierrez spent the first two months of the season on the DL with a torn pectoral muscle. He’s played just 13 games this season and the former Gold Glover was also limited to just 92 games last season due to other health problems.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12