Aug 27, 2012, 9:38 AM EST
We kept bloggin’ it up about the Red Sox-Dodgers trade over the weekend. I know some of you have lives over the weekend and may have missed it. But no need to scroll back, because here it is:
- The deal went final.
- What’s it all mean?
- The Red Sox have money now, so where can they spend it?
- Beckett, Gonzalez and Punto on a plane.
- James Loney gets the first praise he’s had in probably three years.
- Adrian Gonzalez went Yicketty in his first at bat as a Dodger;
- Josh Beckett will debut in blue tonight.
No word on if we’re gonna live-blog the rest of Nick Punto‘s season, but don’t put it past us.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 70
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)