Aug 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Short story: Luis Ayala sees a pretty girl and wants to get to know her a little better. Since this happened while he was in the bullpen before an Orioles-Rangers game in Arlington, he did the obvious thing: he wrote his phone number and uniform number down on a baseball and saw to it that it made its way to the object of his distraction.
Deadspin.com has the rest, including a quick text conversation, courtesy of said lady’s boyfriend.
Obviously, Ayala didn’t do anything here hundreds of ballplayers haven’t done before. He just got sold out. And since he has a wife in Mexico, this might not end very well for him.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 17
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)