Aug 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Short story: Luis Ayala sees a pretty girl and wants to get to know her a little better. Since this happened while he was in the bullpen before an Orioles-Rangers game in Arlington, he did the obvious thing: he wrote his phone number and uniform number down on a baseball and saw to it that it made its way to the object of his distraction.
Deadspin.com has the rest, including a quick text conversation, courtesy of said lady’s boyfriend.
Obviously, Ayala didn’t do anything here hundreds of ballplayers haven’t done before. He just got sold out. And since he has a wife in Mexico, this might not end very well for him.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 47
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)