Aug 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Short story: Luis Ayala sees a pretty girl and wants to get to know her a little better. Since this happened while he was in the bullpen before an Orioles-Rangers game in Arlington, he did the obvious thing: he wrote his phone number and uniform number down on a baseball and saw to it that it made its way to the object of his distraction.
Deadspin.com has the rest, including a quick text conversation, courtesy of said lady’s boyfriend.
Obviously, Ayala didn’t do anything here hundreds of ballplayers haven’t done before. He just got sold out. And since he has a wife in Mexico, this might not end very well for him.
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 3
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 31
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 56
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 40
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (108)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings