Aug 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Short story: Luis Ayala sees a pretty girl and wants to get to know her a little better. Since this happened while he was in the bullpen before an Orioles-Rangers game in Arlington, he did the obvious thing: he wrote his phone number and uniform number down on a baseball and saw to it that it made its way to the object of his distraction.
Deadspin.com has the rest, including a quick text conversation, courtesy of said lady’s boyfriend.
Obviously, Ayala didn’t do anything here hundreds of ballplayers haven’t done before. He just got sold out. And since he has a wife in Mexico, this might not end very well for him.
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 0
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 40
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 49
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 29
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)