Aug 27, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
Short story: Luis Ayala sees a pretty girl and wants to get to know her a little better. Since this happened while he was in the bullpen before an Orioles-Rangers game in Arlington, he did the obvious thing: he wrote his phone number and uniform number down on a baseball and saw to it that it made its way to the object of his distraction.
Deadspin.com has the rest, including a quick text conversation, courtesy of said lady’s boyfriend.
Obviously, Ayala didn’t do anything here hundreds of ballplayers haven’t done before. He just got sold out. And since he has a wife in Mexico, this might not end very well for him.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)