Aug 27, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
I did my weekly radio show/podcast “Gleeman and The Geek” live from the Minnesota State Fair yesterday and the results were … well, we mostly talked about my social life and eating cookies.
But there was also a lengthy discussion about how exactly the Twins can dig out of a hole that has seen them post the AL’s worst record in back-to-back seasons while going 113-187 in their last 300 games.
I think most HBT readers will enjoy listening to the show, and if not I offer a full refund.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 32
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 84
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 89
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)