Aug 27, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
I did my weekly radio show/podcast “Gleeman and The Geek” live from the Minnesota State Fair yesterday and the results were … well, we mostly talked about my social life and eating cookies.
But there was also a lengthy discussion about how exactly the Twins can dig out of a hole that has seen them post the AL’s worst record in back-to-back seasons while going 113-187 in their last 300 games.
I think most HBT readers will enjoy listening to the show, and if not I offer a full refund.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)