Aug 27, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
Before this season Nationals outfielder Roger Bernadina was mostly known for big muscles and small production at the plate, but now he’s hitting .308 with an .800 OPS in 103 games as part-time player.
The guy is a Greek god. I’ve played against him but you don’t realize how solid he is until you see him with his shirt off. He’s pretty humble. If I had that body, I’d never have clothes on.
Wagner details how Bernandina got into such impressive shape and also gets some quotes from manager Davey Johnson about how the outfielder changed his approach at the plate too.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)