Aug 27, 2012, 1:48 PM EST
Before this season Nationals outfielder Roger Bernadina was mostly known for big muscles and small production at the plate, but now he’s hitting .308 with an .800 OPS in 103 games as part-time player.
The guy is a Greek god. I’ve played against him but you don’t realize how solid he is until you see him with his shirt off. He’s pretty humble. If I had that body, I’d never have clothes on.
Wagner details how Bernandina got into such impressive shape and also gets some quotes from manager Davey Johnson about how the outfielder changed his approach at the plate too.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)