Aug 27, 2012, 1:48 PM EDT
Before this season Nationals outfielder Roger Bernadina was mostly known for big muscles and small production at the plate, but now he’s hitting .308 with an .800 OPS in 103 games as part-time player.
The guy is a Greek god. I’ve played against him but you don’t realize how solid he is until you see him with his shirt off. He’s pretty humble. If I had that body, I’d never have clothes on.
Wagner details how Bernandina got into such impressive shape and also gets some quotes from manager Davey Johnson about how the outfielder changed his approach at the plate too.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)