Aug 27, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
What a difference a month and a half makes. In mid July, Cardinals prospect Shelby Miller was being talked about as possible trade bait following a nightmare first go-around in the Pacific Coast League. Now, Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports, Miller could find himself getting a late-season showcase on the surging Cardinals:
Club will deny it up to the day of announcement, but I’m hearing strong sentiment exists to promote Shelby Miller after AAA season.
— Joe Strauss (@JoeStrauss) August 27, 2012
He’d be an interesting addition. While his overall numbers are very “meh” this season, he’s improved of late and, good and bad results notwithstanding, his strikeout rate has been solid this year (10.4 per nine innings) making him an intriguing bullpen option for the stretch run.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)