Aug 27, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
The New York Post reports that there is “no chance” that Terry Collins is going to get fired. I don’t think I’ve seen even one person speculating that Collins would or should be fired — the Mets woes are a talent problem, not a management problem, it seems — but it’s for Collins to know that he has some job security.
The key word being “some.” The report suggests that the Mets want to see a strong finish before extending Collins’ contract — it’s up at the end of 2013 and the m.o. for most teams is to not let their skippers enter a season as a lame duck — but compared to the way the last month has gone, it shouldn’t be hard for there to at least be the perception of a rebound.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 21
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 17
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)