Aug 27, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
The Yankees have announced that they acquired corner guy/first baseman Steve Pearce from the Houston Astros in exchange for cash considerations. To make room for Pearce they DFA’d Brandon Laird.
Pearce was with the Yankees earlier this season, where he hit .318 with 11 home runs and 30 RBI in limited play before being traded to the Orioles. The Orioles dumped him and he signed with Houston. And he started the season with Minnesota, who dumped him before spring training.
Dude gets around. Guessing he doesn’t plan on unpacking.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)