Aug 27, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The Yankees have announced that they acquired corner guy/first baseman Steve Pearce from the Houston Astros in exchange for cash considerations. To make room for Pearce they DFA’d Brandon Laird.
Pearce was with the Yankees earlier this season, where he hit .318 with 11 home runs and 30 RBI in limited play before being traded to the Orioles. The Orioles dumped him and he signed with Houston. And he started the season with Minnesota, who dumped him before spring training.
Dude gets around. Guessing he doesn’t plan on unpacking.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)