Aug 27, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The Yankees have announced that they acquired corner guy/first baseman Steve Pearce from the Houston Astros in exchange for cash considerations. To make room for Pearce they DFA’d Brandon Laird.
Pearce was with the Yankees earlier this season, where he hit .318 with 11 home runs and 30 RBI in limited play before being traded to the Orioles. The Orioles dumped him and he signed with Houston. And he started the season with Minnesota, who dumped him before spring training.
Dude gets around. Guessing he doesn’t plan on unpacking.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)