Aug 27, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
The Yankees have announced that they acquired corner guy/first baseman Steve Pearce from the Houston Astros in exchange for cash considerations. To make room for Pearce they DFA’d Brandon Laird.
Pearce was with the Yankees earlier this season, where he hit .318 with 11 home runs and 30 RBI in limited play before being traded to the Orioles. The Orioles dumped him and he signed with Houston. And he started the season with Minnesota, who dumped him before spring training.
Dude gets around. Guessing he doesn’t plan on unpacking.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)