Aug 28, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
After six weeks on the disabled list Jose Bautista rejoined the Blue Jays’ lineup Friday, only to aggravate his wrist injury one day later and be placed right back on the shelf.
And today the team announced that he needs surgery, which will knock Bautista out for the remainder of this season and carries a 3-4 month recovery timetable.
The good news? That gives him plenty of time to be ready for spring training, assuming he doesn’t experience any setbacks while rehabbing all winter.
Bautista had recovered from a brutal start to the season to go on a lengthy hot streak when he was shut down in mid-July and he finishes the season hitting .241 with 27 homers and an .886 OPS in 92 games.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)