Aug 28, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The Twins set a goal of bringing the 2014 All-Star Game to Target Field back in 2008, two years before the ballpark opened. Now, that goal is about to be realized.
Major League Baseball is planning a Wednesday afternoon news conference at Target Field, where Commissioner Bud Selig officially will award the 2014 All-Star Game to the Twins, according to multiple people who have been briefed on MLB’s plans.
Instead of reading baseball writers waxing euphoric about all of the BBQ options like they did this year in Kansas City, in 2014 we’ll be hearing them talk about whatever it is people like to eat in Minnesota, exchanging bad “Fargo” quotes and stuff like that.
Man, now that I think about it, what in the hell do people in Minnesota like to eat anyway?
(thanks to Kopy for the heads up)
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)