Aug 28, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The Twins set a goal of bringing the 2014 All-Star Game to Target Field back in 2008, two years before the ballpark opened. Now, that goal is about to be realized.
Major League Baseball is planning a Wednesday afternoon news conference at Target Field, where Commissioner Bud Selig officially will award the 2014 All-Star Game to the Twins, according to multiple people who have been briefed on MLB’s plans.
Instead of reading baseball writers waxing euphoric about all of the BBQ options like they did this year in Kansas City, in 2014 we’ll be hearing them talk about whatever it is people like to eat in Minnesota, exchanging bad “Fargo” quotes and stuff like that.
Man, now that I think about it, what in the hell do people in Minnesota like to eat anyway?
(thanks to Kopy for the heads up)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)