Aug 28, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The Twins set a goal of bringing the 2014 All-Star Game to Target Field back in 2008, two years before the ballpark opened. Now, that goal is about to be realized.
Major League Baseball is planning a Wednesday afternoon news conference at Target Field, where Commissioner Bud Selig officially will award the 2014 All-Star Game to the Twins, according to multiple people who have been briefed on MLB’s plans.
Instead of reading baseball writers waxing euphoric about all of the BBQ options like they did this year in Kansas City, in 2014 we’ll be hearing them talk about whatever it is people like to eat in Minnesota, exchanging bad “Fargo” quotes and stuff like that.
Man, now that I think about it, what in the hell do people in Minnesota like to eat anyway?
(thanks to Kopy for the heads up)
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 1
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)