Aug 28, 2012, 10:03 PM EDT
The Marlins moved Logan Morrison to the 60-day disabled list last week, essentially ruling him out for the rest of the season, but now we can officially close the book on his disappointing campaign.
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, Morrison said earlier today that he’s scheduled to undergo season-ending surgery on his right knee next Wednesday. He’ll need about six months of recovery time, but should be ready for spring training next year. He had surgery on the very same knee last offseason.
Morrison, 25, batted just .230/.308/.399 with 11 home runs, 36 RBI and a .707 OPS over 93 games played this season. Given his knee issues over the past year and his poor defense in left field, it would be wise for the Marlins to use him exclusively at first base in 2013.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)