Aug 28, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval had a bit of a tough time with a foul pop-up off the bat of Astros catcher Jason Castro in the bottom of the first inning tonight, so he decided to improvise. Fortunately for the Giants, Brandon Crawford was on the same wavelength.
Incredible. We usually see one or two plays a week where folks say, “No, this is the play of the year!” I’m not sure where this one ranks in that discussion, but it will be pretty tough to beat on the crazy/bizarre/weird/ridiculous scale.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 57
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)