Aug 28, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval had a bit of a tough time with a foul pop-up off the bat of Astros catcher Jason Castro in the bottom of the first inning tonight, so he decided to improvise. Fortunately for the Giants, Brandon Crawford was on the same wavelength.
Incredible. We usually see one or two plays a week where folks say, “No, this is the play of the year!” I’m not sure where this one ranks in that discussion, but it will be pretty tough to beat on the crazy/bizarre/weird/ridiculous scale.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)