Aug 28, 2012, 10:23 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval had a bit of a tough time with a foul pop-up off the bat of Astros catcher Jason Castro in the bottom of the first inning tonight, so he decided to improvise. Fortunately for the Giants, Brandon Crawford was on the same wavelength.
Incredible. We usually see one or two plays a week where folks say, “No, this is the play of the year!” I’m not sure where this one ranks in that discussion, but it will be pretty tough to beat on the crazy/bizarre/weird/ridiculous scale.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 3
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 20
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 217
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (217)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)