Aug 28, 2012, 10:23 PM EST
Pablo Sandoval had a bit of a tough time with a foul pop-up off the bat of Astros catcher Jason Castro in the bottom of the first inning tonight, so he decided to improvise. Fortunately for the Giants, Brandon Crawford was on the same wavelength.
Incredible. We usually see one or two plays a week where folks say, “No, this is the play of the year!” I’m not sure where this one ranks in that discussion, but it will be pretty tough to beat on the crazy/bizarre/weird/ridiculous scale.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)