Roger Clemens has no plans to pitch again. At the moment.

Aug 28, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT

roger clemens getty Getty Images

The Houston Chronicle caught up with Roger Clemens at a golf tournament in South Carolina and asked him if, in the wake of his triumphant independent league game on Saturday, he plans to pitch again any time soon:

“Not at this point … That could change in a couple days, but right now we haven’t talked to any of the guys or anything like that.”

And you know that he’s telling the truth about that because he has never ever been convicting of lying. You can look it up.

I’d be willing to bet a great deal that he makes an appearance for the Astros in the series against the Cubs next month.

1. stex52 - Aug 28, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Hope you are wrong, Craig. No circus side-shows for me.

Based on the other night, I don’t think he is anywhere near physically ready.

• stex52 - Aug 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM

See my note below. Apparently he is setting up to pitch again for the Skeeters next week.

2. randygnyc - Aug 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Stex- has nothing to do with being ready. He’ll pitch for the astro’s this year, at least once, for sure. I’d bet on it too.

3. Francisco (FC) - Aug 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM

At least one batter… just to hit snooze on the HoF alarm clock.

• paperlions - Aug 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM

That can’t be true. Roger said so. He’s a convicted truth teller. Plus, he has moral fiber and would never be involved in a narcissistic side-show…he said so.

4. mogogo1 - Aug 28, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I’m just happy to finally see an article on the guy that doesn’t mention what great shape he is in! I thought that by law that was required, like he’d legally made it part of his name or something.

• Francisco (FC) - Aug 28, 2012 at 2:55 PM

What are you talking about? He’s in great shape! A great, round, shape!

5. dawgpoundmember - Aug 28, 2012 at 2:58 PM

with rosters expanding in a couple days, just putting him on the 40 man roster would add to his service time, correct? so wouldnt that push his HoF candidacy back? he wouldnt even have to pitch

• largebill - Aug 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM

No. Being added to a 40 man roster would not affect his Hall of Fame eligibility. Rule is that a player must not have appeared in a game with in five year of that election. So, pinch running would restart the clock, but sitting on the bench and never getting in a game would not.

6. pinkfloydprism - Aug 28, 2012 at 3:16 PM

And I have no plans to breath today either.

• pinkfloydprism - Aug 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM

breathe…comment fail!

7. jaguar49 - Aug 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Holy crap…why would anyone care whether a 50 year old egomaniac can throw a ball? I hope Clemens gives it up and disappears into his steroid-induced dream world…and the rest of you should grow up and find some other moron to idolize.

8. stex52 - Aug 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Houston Chronicle online says that he and the Skeeters are talking about pitching again on September 7th.

9. dawgpoundmember - Aug 28, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Thanks bill, even tho my point was mute, if he would be put on the roster, they would obviously play him

10. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Aug 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Hey, hey Roger. Pssst. We here at HBT don’t like you and we don’t wish you well if you play in MLB again.

11. stlouis1baseball - Aug 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Roger: Personally, I have no problems with you pitching and I do wish you well.
    You see…I am not a big jump on the stone throwing bandwagon type of guy.
    I find no pleasure in kicking a man when he is down.
    In fact, I think it is the easy way out. Sorta’ like taking steroids/ped’s/hgh, etc… But who am I to judge?

12. sabatimus - Aug 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM

So Craig….how much is that bet, now?

Bo Porter just first casualty around MLB