Aug 28, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The Houston Chronicle caught up with Roger Clemens at a golf tournament in South Carolina and asked him if, in the wake of his triumphant independent league game on Saturday, he plans to pitch again any time soon:
“Not at this point … That could change in a couple days, but right now we haven’t talked to any of the guys or anything like that.”
And you know that he’s telling the truth about that because he has never ever been convicting of lying. You can look it up.
I’d be willing to bet a great deal that he makes an appearance for the Astros in the series against the Cubs next month.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)