Aug 28, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
No, he’s not likely to help — he has a 5.69 ERA and 96/45 K/BB ratio over 142 1/3 innings this year while leading the league in hits allowed — but an arm’s an arm, right? Plus, he’s virtually free.
I woulda thought that the O’s would take another go-around with Erik Bedard now that he’s available, but I guess he’s too much of the devil they know at this point.
- No-hitter watch: Aaron Harang has no-hit the Mets through seven innings 0
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)