Aug 28, 2012, 3:32 PM EST
No, he’s not likely to help — he has a 5.69 ERA and 96/45 K/BB ratio over 142 1/3 innings this year while leading the league in hits allowed — but an arm’s an arm, right? Plus, he’s virtually free.
I woulda thought that the O’s would take another go-around with Erik Bedard now that he’s available, but I guess he’s too much of the devil they know at this point.
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 62
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 39
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 39
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)