Aug 28, 2012, 3:32 PM EDT
No, he’s not likely to help — he has a 5.69 ERA and 96/45 K/BB ratio over 142 1/3 innings this year while leading the league in hits allowed — but an arm’s an arm, right? Plus, he’s virtually free.
I woulda thought that the O’s would take another go-around with Erik Bedard now that he’s available, but I guess he’s too much of the devil they know at this point.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 31
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 6
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)