Aug 28, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
You figure it was only a matter of time before a guy the media loves to hate — Josh Beckett — met the biggest hater in L.A. in T.J. Simers. And they did last night after Beckett’s rough outing against the Rockies. Rob Bradford of WEEI has a transcript of their back and forth in the clubhouse after the game.
All in all I think Beckett handled himself well. Simers was obviously trying to get a rise out of him and it doesn’t seem like he was able to. The way you do poorly with Simers is to take his bait or to change your answer when he pulls his little word-parsing “but you’re not answering my question, I asked …” schtick. Beckett didn’t do that.
Now it’s possible that Beckett didn’t take that bait because really doesn’t give a crap and never felt like his pride was on the line. Right or wrong, that was one of the biggest criticisms lodged at him in Boston.
Maybe that trait makes him Simers-proof. Maybe they’ll make beautiful music together.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 13
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 77
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)