Aug 28, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
You figure it was only a matter of time before a guy the media loves to hate — Josh Beckett — met the biggest hater in L.A. in T.J. Simers. And they did last night after Beckett’s rough outing against the Rockies. Rob Bradford of WEEI has a transcript of their back and forth in the clubhouse after the game.
All in all I think Beckett handled himself well. Simers was obviously trying to get a rise out of him and it doesn’t seem like he was able to. The way you do poorly with Simers is to take his bait or to change your answer when he pulls his little word-parsing “but you’re not answering my question, I asked …” schtick. Beckett didn’t do that.
Now it’s possible that Beckett didn’t take that bait because really doesn’t give a crap and never felt like his pride was on the line. Right or wrong, that was one of the biggest criticisms lodged at him in Boston.
Maybe that trait makes him Simers-proof. Maybe they’ll make beautiful music together.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 0
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 23
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 79
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (81)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)