Aug 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
We ran this pic on Friday of three former Red Sox who were presumably happy to be former Red Sox, on their way to Los Angeles. But their happiness wasn’t about the trade as much as it was about making fun of Nick Punto and trying to get Josh Beckett to join Twitter while flying cross-country.
Rob Bradford of WEEI has an interesting tick-tock of how the trade went down from the players’ perspectives. Who knew what when and what was happening after Adrian Gonzalez was pulled from the lineup before Friday’s game. Which was before the trade went final, and led to no small amount of confusion.
Fun stuff, from a perspective you rarely hear in a trade. But when a trade is as big as MegaHella Trade 2012, you get to hear it.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)