Aug 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
We ran this pic on Friday of three former Red Sox who were presumably happy to be former Red Sox, on their way to Los Angeles. But their happiness wasn’t about the trade as much as it was about making fun of Nick Punto and trying to get Josh Beckett to join Twitter while flying cross-country.
Rob Bradford of WEEI has an interesting tick-tock of how the trade went down from the players’ perspectives. Who knew what when and what was happening after Adrian Gonzalez was pulled from the lineup before Friday’s game. Which was before the trade went final, and led to no small amount of confusion.
Fun stuff, from a perspective you rarely hear in a trade. But when a trade is as big as MegaHella Trade 2012, you get to hear it.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)