Aug 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
We ran this pic on Friday of three former Red Sox who were presumably happy to be former Red Sox, on their way to Los Angeles. But their happiness wasn’t about the trade as much as it was about making fun of Nick Punto and trying to get Josh Beckett to join Twitter while flying cross-country.
Rob Bradford of WEEI has an interesting tick-tock of how the trade went down from the players’ perspectives. Who knew what when and what was happening after Adrian Gonzalez was pulled from the lineup before Friday’s game. Which was before the trade went final, and led to no small amount of confusion.
Fun stuff, from a perspective you rarely hear in a trade. But when a trade is as big as MegaHella Trade 2012, you get to hear it.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)