Aug 28, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
We ran this pic on Friday of three former Red Sox who were presumably happy to be former Red Sox, on their way to Los Angeles. But their happiness wasn’t about the trade as much as it was about making fun of Nick Punto and trying to get Josh Beckett to join Twitter while flying cross-country.
Rob Bradford of WEEI has an interesting tick-tock of how the trade went down from the players’ perspectives. Who knew what when and what was happening after Adrian Gonzalez was pulled from the lineup before Friday’s game. Which was before the trade went final, and led to no small amount of confusion.
Fun stuff, from a perspective you rarely hear in a trade. But when a trade is as big as MegaHella Trade 2012, you get to hear it.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)