Aug 28, 2012, 10:22 PM EDT
UPDATE: Good news for the Cardinals. Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that Molina checked out OK following a SCAT II concussion test and X-rays.
8:55 PM: Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com reports that Molina left with an back/neck/shoulder strain. The important thing to note here is that there was no mention of a concussion. He’s considered day-to-day as of now.
You can watch video of the play here.
The collision occurred as Harrison was attempting to score on a single to right field by Jose Tabata. Molina got leveled in the head by Harrison’s shoulder, but he amazingly held onto the ball for the final out of the inning. He was helped off the field and appeared a bit woozy in the dugout before walking back to the clubhouse. Tony Cruz replaced him behind the plate to begin the third inning.
The obvious concern here is that Molina may have suffered a concussion, but we should know more after he undergoes tests.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)