Aug 29, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
This is a sad story from The Canadian Press:
Police say a man who died from an “alleged sucker” punch outside a Calgary bar had been in an argument over the Toronto Blue Jays’ pitching staff moments before he was struck. Brian Ludwig, a 41-year-old father, died in the hospital after the fight early Sunday morning following a charity golf tournament. Ludwig had been at the pub as part of the fundraiser.
Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus told the Calgary Herald that the fight, which took place in the parking lot, “was in regards to pitchers on the Blue Jays” and Ludwig died of blunt force trauma.
Scott Robert Hooser is accused of throwing the punch that killed Ludwig and the 27-year-old (pictured above) has been charged with manslaughter.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)