Aug 29, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
This is a sad story from The Canadian Press:
Police say a man who died from an “alleged sucker” punch outside a Calgary bar had been in an argument over the Toronto Blue Jays’ pitching staff moments before he was struck. Brian Ludwig, a 41-year-old father, died in the hospital after the fight early Sunday morning following a charity golf tournament. Ludwig had been at the pub as part of the fundraiser.
Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus told the Calgary Herald that the fight, which took place in the parking lot, “was in regards to pitchers on the Blue Jays” and Ludwig died of blunt force trauma.
Scott Robert Hooser is accused of throwing the punch that killed Ludwig and the 27-year-old (pictured above) has been charged with manslaughter.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)