Aug 29, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
This is a sad story from The Canadian Press:
Police say a man who died from an “alleged sucker” punch outside a Calgary bar had been in an argument over the Toronto Blue Jays’ pitching staff moments before he was struck. Brian Ludwig, a 41-year-old father, died in the hospital after the fight early Sunday morning following a charity golf tournament. Ludwig had been at the pub as part of the fundraiser.
Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus told the Calgary Herald that the fight, which took place in the parking lot, “was in regards to pitchers on the Blue Jays” and Ludwig died of blunt force trauma.
Scott Robert Hooser is accused of throwing the punch that killed Ludwig and the 27-year-old (pictured above) has been charged with manslaughter.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (75)