Aug 29, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
This is a sad story from The Canadian Press:
Police say a man who died from an “alleged sucker” punch outside a Calgary bar had been in an argument over the Toronto Blue Jays’ pitching staff moments before he was struck. Brian Ludwig, a 41-year-old father, died in the hospital after the fight early Sunday morning following a charity golf tournament. Ludwig had been at the pub as part of the fundraiser.
Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus told the Calgary Herald that the fight, which took place in the parking lot, “was in regards to pitchers on the Blue Jays” and Ludwig died of blunt force trauma.
Scott Robert Hooser is accused of throwing the punch that killed Ludwig and the 27-year-old (pictured above) has been charged with manslaughter.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)