Aug 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Cole Hamels has been scratched from his scheduled start tonight against the Mets and as this tweet from Todd Zolecki of MLB.com shows the Phillies left-hander probably isn’t having a very good morning:
Cole Hamels will not start tonight’s game against the New York Mets due to a gastrointestinal illness.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 29, 2012
Tyler Cloyd, a 25-year-old right-hander who went 15-1 with a 2.26 ERA between Double-A and Triple-A, will make his big-league debut starting in place of Hamels.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)