Aug 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Cole Hamels has been scratched from his scheduled start tonight against the Mets and as this tweet from Todd Zolecki of MLB.com shows the Phillies left-hander probably isn’t having a very good morning:
Cole Hamels will not start tonight’s game against the New York Mets due to a gastrointestinal illness.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 29, 2012
Tyler Cloyd, a 25-year-old right-hander who went 15-1 with a 2.26 ERA between Double-A and Triple-A, will make his big-league debut starting in place of Hamels.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 85
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (85)