Aug 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Cole Hamels has been scratched from his scheduled start tonight against the Mets and as this tweet from Todd Zolecki of MLB.com shows the Phillies left-hander probably isn’t having a very good morning:
Cole Hamels will not start tonight’s game against the New York Mets due to a gastrointestinal illness.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 29, 2012
Tyler Cloyd, a 25-year-old right-hander who went 15-1 with a 2.26 ERA between Double-A and Triple-A, will make his big-league debut starting in place of Hamels.
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million