Aug 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Cole Hamels has been scratched from his scheduled start tonight against the Mets and as this tweet from Todd Zolecki of MLB.com shows the Phillies left-hander probably isn’t having a very good morning:
Cole Hamels will not start tonight’s game against the New York Mets due to a gastrointestinal illness.
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) August 29, 2012
Tyler Cloyd, a 25-year-old right-hander who went 15-1 with a 2.26 ERA between Double-A and Triple-A, will make his big-league debut starting in place of Hamels.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17