Aug 29, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Trevor Bauer is back to pitching after briefly being shut down following a demotion to the minors, but the Diamondbacks plan to keep him at Triple-A until the Pacific Coast League season is over.
That means he won’t be recalled when rosters expand on September 1 and could remain in the minors until September 16, which is when the PCL playoffs are done.
Of course, if Reno gets eliminated before then Bauer will likely be on the first flight to Arizona and general manager Kevin Towers told Tyler Emerick of MLB.com that “I’d imagine he’ll at least get a start or two” down the stretch.
Bauer is one of the elite pitching prospects in baseball, but the former No. 3 overall pick struggled to consistently throw strikes during his first taste of the big leagues and allowed 13 runs in 16 innings.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)