Aug 29, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
From MLB.com’s Chelsea Janes comes word that Padres closer Huston Street will make his rehab debut on Friday night at High-A Lake Elsinore and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Sunday afternoon if the outing goes smoothly.
Street has been on the disabled list since August 11 because of a left calf strain. He also missed a chunk of time earlier this summer with a strained right lat.
Despite those multiple injury setbacks, the 29-year-old right-hander has still managed to register a spectacular 0.75 ERA, 0.53 WHIP and 45/8 K/BB ratio through 36 innings this season. He has also converted 21 saves in 21 opportunities.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)