Aug 29, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
From MLB.com’s Chelsea Janes comes word that Padres closer Huston Street will make his rehab debut on Friday night at High-A Lake Elsinore and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Sunday afternoon if the outing goes smoothly.
Street has been on the disabled list since August 11 because of a left calf strain. He also missed a chunk of time earlier this summer with a strained right lat.
Despite those multiple injury setbacks, the 29-year-old right-hander has still managed to register a spectacular 0.75 ERA, 0.53 WHIP and 45/8 K/BB ratio through 36 innings this season. He has also converted 21 saves in 21 opportunities.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)