Aug 29, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
From MLB.com’s Chelsea Janes comes word that Padres closer Huston Street will make his rehab debut on Friday night at High-A Lake Elsinore and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Sunday afternoon if the outing goes smoothly.
Street has been on the disabled list since August 11 because of a left calf strain. He also missed a chunk of time earlier this summer with a strained right lat.
Despite those multiple injury setbacks, the 29-year-old right-hander has still managed to register a spectacular 0.75 ERA, 0.53 WHIP and 45/8 K/BB ratio through 36 innings this season. He has also converted 21 saves in 21 opportunities.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)