Aug 29, 2012, 10:29 PM EST
From MLB.com’s Chelsea Janes comes word that Padres closer Huston Street will make his rehab debut on Friday night at High-A Lake Elsinore and could be activated from the 15-day disabled list on Sunday afternoon if the outing goes smoothly.
Street has been on the disabled list since August 11 because of a left calf strain. He also missed a chunk of time earlier this summer with a strained right lat.
Despite those multiple injury setbacks, the 29-year-old right-hander has still managed to register a spectacular 0.75 ERA, 0.53 WHIP and 45/8 K/BB ratio through 36 innings this season. He has also converted 21 saves in 21 opportunities.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)