Aug 29, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Calcaterra is traveling today, but once he sees this he’s going to have to break the news to his daughter that her favorite player, Shelley Duncan, has been designated for assignment by the Indians.
Cleveland made the move to clear roster space for right-hander Jeanmar Gomez, who was recalled from Triple-A.
Duncan’s power has remained pretty consistent, as he’s hit 11 homers in each of the past three seasons while totaling between 247 and 264 plate appearances per year. However, after batting .260 with an .808 OPS last season he’s hit just .203 with a .676 OPS this year, and that just doesn’t cut it for a 32-year-old platoon left fielder.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)