Aug 29, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Joey Votto kicked off his minor-league rehab assignment by going 0-for-1 with a walk yesterday at Single-A, saying afterward: “It was good, but I still have a ways to go.”
He’ll be back in Dayton’s lineup today and if all goes well Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Votto will likely come off the disabled list at some point this weekend.
Votto hasn’t played since mid-July knee surgery and needed a second operation after suffering a setback, but the Reds have a great record in his absence and rookie Todd Frazier in particular has really stepped up to provide big-time production.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 253
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)