Aug 29, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Joey Votto kicked off his minor-league rehab assignment by going 0-for-1 with a walk yesterday at Single-A, saying afterward: “It was good, but I still have a ways to go.”
He’ll be back in Dayton’s lineup today and if all goes well Tom Groeschen of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Votto will likely come off the disabled list at some point this weekend.
Votto hasn’t played since mid-July knee surgery and needed a second operation after suffering a setback, but the Reds have a great record in his absence and rookie Todd Frazier in particular has really stepped up to provide big-time production.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)