Aug 29, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman doesn’t hold back in his latest column, calling Roger Clemens a liar and a cheat and suggesting that new Astros owner Jim Crane is “in Clemens’ back pocket already.”
Heyman believes that Clemens will pitch for the Astros next month, and he isn’t particularly happy about it, claiming such a move would cost the team its dignity. As for Clemens himself…
In my own personal opinion, Clemens is a steroid and HGH cheat and got off on a perjury charge because he had better lawyers than the government, the jury didn’t like his accuser, or they didn’t want to send him to jail for lying at a hearing they may feel should have never occurred in the first place (or maybe someone combination of all three). But that doesn’t make him innocent. Everyone who’s followed this at all thinks George Mitchell got it right, and Clemens juiced with the worst of ‘em.
Seems spot on to me. Heyman added that he will vote for Clemens for the Hall of Fame because he believes Clemens was a HOFer before he started cheating.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)