Aug 29, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman doesn’t hold back in his latest column, calling Roger Clemens a liar and a cheat and suggesting that new Astros owner Jim Crane is “in Clemens’ back pocket already.”
Heyman believes that Clemens will pitch for the Astros next month, and he isn’t particularly happy about it, claiming such a move would cost the team its dignity. As for Clemens himself…
In my own personal opinion, Clemens is a steroid and HGH cheat and got off on a perjury charge because he had better lawyers than the government, the jury didn’t like his accuser, or they didn’t want to send him to jail for lying at a hearing they may feel should have never occurred in the first place (or maybe someone combination of all three). But that doesn’t make him innocent. Everyone who’s followed this at all thinks George Mitchell got it right, and Clemens juiced with the worst of ‘em.
Seems spot on to me. Heyman added that he will vote for Clemens for the Hall of Fame because he believes Clemens was a HOFer before he started cheating.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)