Aug 29, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen missed nearly a month of the 2011 season because of a cardiac arrhythmia. And now his heart issues are back.
According to beat reporter Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, the right-hander was unavailable for Wednesday’s afternoon tilt against the Rockies “because of something to do with his heart.”
Jansen has registered a fantastic 2.54 ERA, 0.88 WHIP and 86/19 K/BB ratio through 56 2/3 innings this season while converting 25 saves in 31 opportunities. There is a chance the 24-year-old will need a stint on the 15-day disabled list, but for now he’s considered day-to-day.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims