Matt Kemp rests after MRI exam, CAT scan show good news

Aug 29, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT

matt kemp dodgers AP

Matt Kemp is out of the Dodgers’ lineup today after injuring his knee and jaw crashing into the center field wall last night, but the news is actually pretty good.

Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that an MRI exam on his knee and a CAT scan on his jaw both showed no major damage.

Kemp initially stayed in the game last night, which was pretty amazing considering he ran into the wall at full speed, but he eventually exited later in the inning. For this afternoon Shane Victorino shifts from left field to center field, with Juan Rivera starting in left field.

1. Marty - Aug 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Good news, I want the Giants to spank these wannabe big ballers back to the drawing board fair and square.

• koufaxmitzvah - Aug 29, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Is this where I point out five championships to one?

• jkcalhoun - Aug 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Sure. Hang on to the ’50s, ’60s, and ’80s as long as you can.

• lanflfan - Aug 29, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Then I will feel free to point out that LA ownership will be spending 2-3 times more than the other West teams in the near future (perhaps combined), including international signings and draft picks.

And don’t tell me you aren’t just a bit jealous that real LA ownership has taken a chance and already given its fans something to root for, while the gints keep waiting for Tokin Timmy to wake up/come down from his high and are STILL searching for a bat (or at least one that isn’t ‘roided). The rest of the West, at least this year, is an also ran.

• jkcalhoun - Aug 29, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Do I wish the Giants had resigned Beltran for this year instead of letting him go? Yes. Do I wish that the guy they went and got before the trade deadline, Pence, would start hitting? Absolutely. But you are not asking me those questions. You are asking me if I jealous of the Dodgers. Well, let me say this: you may as well ask if I am jealous of any of the other agents of decay in the universe: entropy, dung beetles, putrefactive bacteria, Dodgers.

But that’s just me. Others are of course welcome to hold their own views.

2. Old Gator - Aug 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM

But was Kemp tested on the machine that goes peeeng?

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto