Aug 29, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that an MRI exam on his knee and a CAT scan on his jaw both showed no major damage.
Kemp initially stayed in the game last night, which was pretty amazing considering he ran into the wall at full speed, but he eventually exited later in the inning. For this afternoon Shane Victorino shifts from left field to center field, with Juan Rivera starting in left field.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)