Aug 29, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Steve Dilbeck of the Los Angeles Times reports that an MRI exam on his knee and a CAT scan on his jaw both showed no major damage.
Kemp initially stayed in the game last night, which was pretty amazing considering he ran into the wall at full speed, but he eventually exited later in the inning. For this afternoon Shane Victorino shifts from left field to center field, with Juan Rivera starting in left field.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17