Aug 29, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
File this under “things that should go without saying,” but Nolan Ryan said it anyway. Because some radio host asked him if the Rangers would be interested in being part of a Roger Clemens comeback:
“I think obviously things will be dictated by how he recovers and if he feels he can go out there and continue throwing and if he can build up some stamina. I think we just have to stay tuned. I might call him, but I don’t think I’ll be calling him about a job.”
Nolan: Hey, Roger, how are ya?
Roger: Good, sir. Calling me about a job?
Nolan: Heck, no. We’re actually playing serious baseball games, son, not running a circus sideshow.
Nolan: Hey, Roger. Know what’s hilarious?
Nolan: Despite the fact that you were a better pitcher than me by every conceivable measure, if you asked 1000 people, I bet 800 of them would say I was. Ain’t that a daisy!
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)