Aug 29, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Diamond was just waiting until making his scheduled start last night, at which point he could serve the six-game suspension and basically just push his next start back a couple days.
Diamond threw at Hamilton in retaliation for Roy Oswalt throwing at Joe Mauer earlier in the August 23 game and was ejected in the third inning. He also took the loss last night, allowing five runs in seven innings against the Mariners in front of the smallest crowd in Target Field history (which included me).
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)