Aug 29, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Diamond was just waiting until making his scheduled start last night, at which point he could serve the six-game suspension and basically just push his next start back a couple days.
Diamond threw at Hamilton in retaliation for Roy Oswalt throwing at Joe Mauer earlier in the August 23 game and was ejected in the third inning. He also took the loss last night, allowing five runs in seven innings against the Mariners in front of the smallest crowd in Target Field history (which included me).
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)