Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Stamford, Connecticut Marriott is getting pretty sick of me lately, but tough. I’m heading there again today for what are becoming increasingly regular appearances on NBC SportsTalk on the NBC Sports Network. I’ll be on tonight, tomorrow night and Friday night at 6PM Eastern.
For the first time I’ll have another bona fide baseball person with me as Sports Illustrated’s Joe Sheehan will be there too. I hope he’s just day-tripping up from New York, though, because I think that Marriott only has one Mother’s Basement Suite. This is a common problem when internetty baseball writers congregate anywhere.
Also on the show will be Hines Ward. Which, due to the restraining order, is the closest I’ll ever be allowed to any “Dark Knight Rises” cast members. How much ya gimme to deadpan something to him while on the air like “so, do you think the Gotham Rogues will be able to come back after the whole team died and stuff?”
Anyway, turn on, tune in and drop whatever you’re doing to catch NBC SportsTalk this week. Thank you for your support.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)