Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Stamford, Connecticut Marriott is getting pretty sick of me lately, but tough. I’m heading there again today for what are becoming increasingly regular appearances on NBC SportsTalk on the NBC Sports Network. I’ll be on tonight, tomorrow night and Friday night at 6PM Eastern.
For the first time I’ll have another bona fide baseball person with me as Sports Illustrated’s Joe Sheehan will be there too. I hope he’s just day-tripping up from New York, though, because I think that Marriott only has one Mother’s Basement Suite. This is a common problem when internetty baseball writers congregate anywhere.
Also on the show will be Hines Ward. Which, due to the restraining order, is the closest I’ll ever be allowed to any “Dark Knight Rises” cast members. How much ya gimme to deadpan something to him while on the air like “so, do you think the Gotham Rogues will be able to come back after the whole team died and stuff?”
Anyway, turn on, tune in and drop whatever you’re doing to catch NBC SportsTalk this week. Thank you for your support.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)