Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Stamford, Connecticut Marriott is getting pretty sick of me lately, but tough. I’m heading there again today for what are becoming increasingly regular appearances on NBC SportsTalk on the NBC Sports Network. I’ll be on tonight, tomorrow night and Friday night at 6PM Eastern.
For the first time I’ll have another bona fide baseball person with me as Sports Illustrated’s Joe Sheehan will be there too. I hope he’s just day-tripping up from New York, though, because I think that Marriott only has one Mother’s Basement Suite. This is a common problem when internetty baseball writers congregate anywhere.
Also on the show will be Hines Ward. Which, due to the restraining order, is the closest I’ll ever be allowed to any “Dark Knight Rises” cast members. How much ya gimme to deadpan something to him while on the air like “so, do you think the Gotham Rogues will be able to come back after the whole team died and stuff?”
Anyway, turn on, tune in and drop whatever you’re doing to catch NBC SportsTalk this week. Thank you for your support.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)