Aug 29, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Stamford, Connecticut Marriott is getting pretty sick of me lately, but tough. I’m heading there again today for what are becoming increasingly regular appearances on NBC SportsTalk on the NBC Sports Network. I’ll be on tonight, tomorrow night and Friday night at 6PM Eastern.
For the first time I’ll have another bona fide baseball person with me as Sports Illustrated’s Joe Sheehan will be there too. I hope he’s just day-tripping up from New York, though, because I think that Marriott only has one Mother’s Basement Suite. This is a common problem when internetty baseball writers congregate anywhere.
Also on the show will be Hines Ward. Which, due to the restraining order, is the closest I’ll ever be allowed to any “Dark Knight Rises” cast members. How much ya gimme to deadpan something to him while on the air like “so, do you think the Gotham Rogues will be able to come back after the whole team died and stuff?”
Anyway, turn on, tune in and drop whatever you’re doing to catch NBC SportsTalk this week. Thank you for your support.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 26
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 89
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)