Aug 30, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Cole Hamels was scratched from yesterday’s start against the Mets because of what the Phillies called “a gastrointestinal illness” but he apparently felt much better today and is now scheduled to start Sunday versus the Braves.
Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that the source of Hamels’ stomach problems was “a bad salad,” which is why I personally have played it safe for 29 years by never eating a salad. Too dangerous, can’t take that chance.
Tyler Cloyd was called up from Triple-A to make his MLB debut in place of Hamels and tossed six innings of three-run ball, so that bad salad will get Cloyd at least a couple starts in the big leagues.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 10
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)