Aug 30, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Cole Hamels was scratched from yesterday’s start against the Mets because of what the Phillies called “a gastrointestinal illness” but he apparently felt much better today and is now scheduled to start Sunday versus the Braves.
Todd Zolecki of MLB.com reports that the source of Hamels’ stomach problems was “a bad salad,” which is why I personally have played it safe for 29 years by never eating a salad. Too dangerous, can’t take that chance.
Tyler Cloyd was called up from Triple-A to make his MLB debut in place of Hamels and tossed six innings of three-run ball, so that bad salad will get Cloyd at least a couple starts in the big leagues.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 4
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 39
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 79
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 9
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 66
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (277)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (146)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)