Aug 30, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
At some point you figure it’s best to just be quiet about things and hope the bad stuff ends as the season collapses. But Dustin Pedroia put on his media pants yesterday and went on at length with Rob Bradford of WEEI and explained his side and/or the team’s side of every notable Red Sox controversy of the year.
He talks about the early-season Youkilis-Valentine battles. The big July meeting in which, allegedly, everyone piled on Valentine. Photos of him not looking like a big Bobby V. supporter. The Johnny Pesky funeral. It’s all out there, all explained in his own words.
Which, fine. Much of it makes perfect sense. It has to, because no real life situations can actually happen in the over-the-top cartoon villain ways that most Red Sox controversies are described to be in the Boston media.
But really, does he think this is going to help? I kinda doubt that this is going to help. It seems like the best way to kill all of this garbage is to deprive it of any media oxygen whatsoever.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 7
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 35
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 73
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)