Aug 30, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
At some point you figure it’s best to just be quiet about things and hope the bad stuff ends as the season collapses. But Dustin Pedroia put on his media pants yesterday and went on at length with Rob Bradford of WEEI and explained his side and/or the team’s side of every notable Red Sox controversy of the year.
He talks about the early-season Youkilis-Valentine battles. The big July meeting in which, allegedly, everyone piled on Valentine. Photos of him not looking like a big Bobby V. supporter. The Johnny Pesky funeral. It’s all out there, all explained in his own words.
Which, fine. Much of it makes perfect sense. It has to, because no real life situations can actually happen in the over-the-top cartoon villain ways that most Red Sox controversies are described to be in the Boston media.
But really, does he think this is going to help? I kinda doubt that this is going to help. It seems like the best way to kill all of this garbage is to deprive it of any media oxygen whatsoever.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 4
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 12
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)