Aug 30, 2012, 10:04 PM EST
Berkman was scheduled to play longer on Thursday night, but there were rainy conditions in southwest Tennessee and the Cards didn’t want to take the risk. He’s already played in five other rehab games.
Berkman, 36, has posted a .267/.389/.467 batting line with two home runs and seven RBI in 28 major league games this season. He is expected to function as a pinch-hitter down the stretch while Allen Craig continues to serve as St. Louis’ primary first baseman.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)