Aug 30, 2012, 10:04 PM EST
Berkman was scheduled to play longer on Thursday night, but there were rainy conditions in southwest Tennessee and the Cards didn’t want to take the risk. He’s already played in five other rehab games.
Berkman, 36, has posted a .267/.389/.467 batting line with two home runs and seven RBI in 28 major league games this season. He is expected to function as a pinch-hitter down the stretch while Allen Craig continues to serve as St. Louis’ primary first baseman.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40