Lindsay Lohan drinking, doing karaoke with former Yankees

Aug 30, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT

lindsay lohan Reuters

Lindsay Lohan is apparently moving from Los Angeles to New York.

Why is that information at all relevant to baseball? Well, because according to the New York Daily News she’s been hanging out with some former Yankees and to be honest the sheer randomness of it all amuses me:

While the move won’t likely happen until after Fashion Week in September, Lohan is already settling back into the Manhattan party circuit. On Tuesday she was spotted with former Yankees Pat Kelly and Shane Spencer at Dorrian’s, the upper East Side bastion of prep school kids, downing vodka-and-sodas and even jumping on the mic for some karaoke.

Shane Spencer and Pat Kelly. Obviously.

By the way, Shane Spencer’s crazy September call-up for the Yankees came in 1998, when Lindsay Lohan was 12 years old.

1. pellypell - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Lindsay is like PEDs. Almost everyone’s tried em.

• El Bravo - Aug 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

She’s also like a public restroom doorknob b/c everyone gets a turn.

• savocabol1 - Aug 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Neighborhood bike….everyone gets a ride

• El Bravo - Aug 30, 2012 at 5:08 PM

• chew1985 - Aug 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I’m kinda fantasizing about her jumping on a mic… I bet she is eminently qualified to perform such gymnastics.

2. b7p19 - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM

She is very pretty. Crazy, sure, but pretty none-the-less.

How exactly does Lindsay Lohan go about meeting Shane Spencer?

• JB (the original) - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM

She does have some nice attributes; that said, even triple wrapped with an ass-cheek full of antibiotics, I think I’d have second thoughts about lowering my shoulder and plowing into home.

• mrwillie - Aug 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I am with JB about plowing into home, that being said, probably wouldn’t try and pick her off at third though.

• brewcrewfan54 - Aug 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I’d bang Lindsey no question. All celebrities have been passed around. I can’t imagine Lindsey is much worse than any of the others.

• keithbangedyermom - Aug 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Im with crew. I would hit that all day.

• proudlycanadian - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM

I suspect that she is more interested in staking out Tiffany’s than finding some former Yankees to be her drinking buddies.

• Old Gator - Aug 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

How does Lindsay Lohan go about meeting Shane Spencer?

She spots him sitting alone at a bar, and seats herself on the adjacent stool. She pretends to ignore him and orders a drink while placing a small box on the counter. The box rattles from something moving around inside. Spencer gets curious and asks what’s in the box. She smiles and says, “oh, that’s Reggie, my pet tarantula.” Spencer’s eyebrows elevate, which at this point in the long lonely evening requires some effort. “You have a tarantula in that box?” She nods. “I gotta see this,” he says. “Sure,” she says. Can I buy you a drink?” “Why not,” says Spencer. So she orders him a drink and he ploughs himself a little further under with it. “Okay,” he says, “let’s see what’s really in the box.” So she opens the lid and he looks inside, and sure enough, it’s a tarantula. “Wow,” he says, “but why do you carry him around like that?” Lohan offers to buy him another drink. He agrees. “Well,” she says, as he knocks this one back, “he’s a very special tarantula. I’ve got him trained to…aw, no, you wouldn’t believe me.” “Well what, Spencer insists. “Well…” says Lohan, “You’d have to come home with me so I can show you. I can’t do it here. Another drink?” “Sure,” says Spencer. After irrigating his corpus callosum with yet another shot, he mumbles, “So if I go home with you, you’ll show me what he does?” “Sure,” she says. “Shall I call a cab?” “What the hell,” says Spencer, “I’m up for anything tonight.” So she calls a cab and they go back to her Central Park West penthouse, where she lies down on her bed and removes all of his clothes and says, “watch this,” and then takes the tarantula and [We are sorry but we have lost the picture portion of tonight's program. We are working on the problem. Please stay tuned................................................................................] so she takes the tarantual off of him and puts it on the bed nearby and says, “Okay Reggie, now pay attention. This is the last time I’m gonna show you how to do this…..

3. yankeesgameday - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Is shane Spencer still trading off his two hone runs against Texas in the Division Series in 98? I mean more power to him, not like I’ve ever done that. At least he isn’t trying to pick up randoms on the subway, like chuck knobloch

• rollinghighwayblues - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

The Knoblauch story was dynamite. Someone could not have possibly made that up. Wasn’t he wearing chef pants?!

• thereisaparty - Aug 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Well the “Chuck Knoblauch” was making it up, in that it was just some drunk dude lying about being Chuck Knoblauch.

4. Max Power - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM

I’m disappointed LiLo wasn’t hanging out with Fake Chuck Knoblauch.

But all in all, until she decides to move to Indiana and let me take care of her, probably better Lohan lives somewhere with lots of taxi cabs.

5. thepancakebandit - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Someone really needs to put this chick out of her misery. And call me crazy, but I don’t think she’s attractive either. She looks like a dalmatian. Looking at this lunatic is like opening a connect-the-dots book.

• pellypell - Aug 30, 2012 at 10:08 PM

You know how I know you’re…..

6. tbaggins79 - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

More power to Spencer and Kelly, at least they aren’t taking the Chad Curtis approach to women (girls?).

7. number42is1 - Aug 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I think i got 4 different types of Hepatitis just reading this article about her.

8. alang3131982 - Aug 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Pretty sure Piazza use to hang out at Dorrians all the time. It’s a fun place

• protectthishouse54 - Aug 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

It serves alcohol therefore it is fun, but really, it’s chock full of douchebags.The one time I was in there I saw about a dozen popped collars.

9. rcali - Aug 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Shoot, I thought I typed in Hardballtalk in the URL not TMZ.

• JB (the original) - Aug 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Are you sure you didn’t type “hard”, “ball”, and “talk” as key words in a Google search? This is TMZ.

10. sportsdrenched - Aug 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM

As person who willfully tries to maintain a Vin Scully like ignorance of pop culture….what was LiLo famous for again? Besides making the rounds.

11. bbk1000 - Aug 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

“By the way, Shane Spencer’s crazy September call-up for the Yankees came in 1998, when Lindsay Lohan was 12 years old”

Wow, this would mean she is only 26 years old…..she not only looks tired but like she has more mileage on her than any car I have seen (or driven).

She is a 12 packer at least…..

12. APBA Guy - Aug 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM

If the gossip blogs are to believed-ha, ha-Lindsay is skipping LA because she owes too many people money:

13. barroomhero80 - Aug 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I wish she’d overdose already.

• Gobias Industries - Aug 30, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Wow, that’s really harsh.

Besides, everyone knows the syphilis will kill her before the drugs do.

14. nomoreseasontix - Aug 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Gawd, what a skank….
    Be gone!!

15. jboyxl73 - Aug 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM

She needs a city where she won’t have to drive this girl hits everything but the lottery good luck NYC

16. Gobias Industries - Aug 30, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I saw Kim Kardashian at Webster Hall with Alvaro Espinoza last night. Pass it on.

17. notsofast10 - Aug 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM

On a positvie note, in NY there really is no need for a car so chances are, unlike LA, the NY pedestrians are safe.

18. vegagreenleaf - Aug 31, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Leave “news” like this to ETV and TMZ. If the article specifically has to explain the sports connection, the article doesn’t belong. Get this shit out of sport’s news…

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3048)