Aug 30, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Upset that the Phillies optioned him to the minors instead of placing him on the MLB disabled list with elbow soreness, reliever Michael Schwimer took his sweet time reporting to Triple-A and there was even speculation that he might file a grievance.
Schwimer finally reported to Lehigh Valley yesterday, six days after being optioned there.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that part of the delay came “because he traveled to California for a second medical opinion on Monday” and underwent an MRI exam.
Neither side is commenting on the situation beyond that, but for now at least Schwimer is on the Triple-A active roster.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (208)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)