Aug 30, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Upset that the Phillies optioned him to the minors instead of placing him on the MLB disabled list with elbow soreness, reliever Michael Schwimer took his sweet time reporting to Triple-A and there was even speculation that he might file a grievance.
Schwimer finally reported to Lehigh Valley yesterday, six days after being optioned there.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that part of the delay came “because he traveled to California for a second medical opinion on Monday” and underwent an MRI exam.
Neither side is commenting on the situation beyond that, but for now at least Schwimer is on the Triple-A active roster.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)