Aug 30, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Upset that the Phillies optioned him to the minors instead of placing him on the MLB disabled list with elbow soreness, reliever Michael Schwimer took his sweet time reporting to Triple-A and there was even speculation that he might file a grievance.
Schwimer finally reported to Lehigh Valley yesterday, six days after being optioned there.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that part of the delay came “because he traveled to California for a second medical opinion on Monday” and underwent an MRI exam.
Neither side is commenting on the situation beyond that, but for now at least Schwimer is on the Triple-A active roster.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 17
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)