Aug 30, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Upset that the Phillies optioned him to the minors instead of placing him on the MLB disabled list with elbow soreness, reliever Michael Schwimer took his sweet time reporting to Triple-A and there was even speculation that he might file a grievance.
Schwimer finally reported to Lehigh Valley yesterday, six days after being optioned there.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com writes that part of the delay came “because he traveled to California for a second medical opinion on Monday” and underwent an MRI exam.
Neither side is commenting on the situation beyond that, but for now at least Schwimer is on the Triple-A active roster.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)