Aug 30, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Last week Chad Billingsley was placed on the disabled list with an inflammation in his right elbow and it was said that he could be out “a while.” “A while” could be the rest of the season.
At least that’s what Stan Kasten, the Dodgers’ president and chief executive officer thinks. Dylan Hernandez reports that Kasten made the commets “out of concern and not based on medical evidence,” but the fact is that there’s just over a month of the season left, so if the guy does anything but feel perfectly healthy as soon as this DL stint is up, he’s probably toast for 2012.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)