Aug 30, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
The Cardinals were given a scare on Tuesday when catcher Yadier Molina was forced to make an early exit after a nasty collision at home plate with the Pirates’ Josh Harrison. But all is back to normal.
According to Jen Langosch of MLB.com, Molina is back in the St. Louis starting lineup on Thursday night against the Nationals. He suffered neck, back and shoulder strains in Tuesday’s collision but will play through whatever discomfort remains as the Cardinals kick off a crucial four-game series in the nation’s capital.
Molina, 30, is batting .325/.375/.511 with 17 home runs and 62 RBI in 111 games this season.
The Rebirds enter play Thursday with a 71-59 record, ranking second in the National League Central.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP