Aug 30, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
The Cardinals were given a scare on Tuesday when catcher Yadier Molina was forced to make an early exit after a nasty collision at home plate with the Pirates’ Josh Harrison. But all is back to normal.
According to Jen Langosch of MLB.com, Molina is back in the St. Louis starting lineup on Thursday night against the Nationals. He suffered neck, back and shoulder strains in Tuesday’s collision but will play through whatever discomfort remains as the Cardinals kick off a crucial four-game series in the nation’s capital.
Molina, 30, is batting .325/.375/.511 with 17 home runs and 62 RBI in 111 games this season.
The Rebirds enter play Thursday with a 71-59 record, ranking second in the National League Central.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)