Aug 31, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
Bob Uecker, who is in his 42nd year of calling Brewers games on the radio, had his statue unveiled at Miller Park on Friday in an event emceed by Bob Costas.
Speakers included Brewers owner Mark Attanasio, Dick Ebersol, Bud Selig and Hank Aaron, and Robin Yount sent in a taped message. Uecker’s statue will be the fourth outside Miller park, joining those of Selig, Aaron and Yount.
Of course, it wouldn’t have a proper Uecker ceremony without some humor:
Costas on Uecker: pigeons from all over the Midwest have migrated to Milwaukee to pay their respects.—
Tom (@Haudricourt) August 31, 2012
Lance Allan (@lanceallan) August 31, 2012
Bob #Uecker, on why he never left Milwaukee: "It was a parole thing."—
Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy) August 31, 2012
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23